2022 Bloomington-Normal Alumnae Chapter SCHOLARSHIP Application
For Graduating High School Seniors
Completed application MUST be received by 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, April 30, 2022.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURES
The applicant must meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- Must be an African-American high school senior residing in Bloomington or Normal and graduating during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Must attend a Bloomington-Normal public, private, charter, or parochial high school.
- Must plan to enter an accredited two or four-year University or College or an accredited trade school as a full-time freshman in the fall of 2022.
- Must have a grade point average of at least a 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or 3.5 (on 5.0 scale).
- Must demonstrate academic achievement and leadership ability evidenced through participation in extracurricular activities and/or community service.
- Must submit a completed electronic application by 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, April 30, 2022.
- A completed Scholarship Application along with all required documents MUST be included at the time your application is submitted (exception: official transcript may be submitted by mail by the application deadline).
- If any items are omitted or instructions are not followed, the application will be deemed incomplete/invalid and will not be considered. Application data may be saved and reviewed prior to submission. Changes cannot be made once the application is submitted.
- Only electronic applications submitted on or before the April 30, 2022 deadline will be screened and evaluated.
- As part of the selection process, students who submit a completed scholarship application will be required to participate in a brief interview (Zoom platform).
- All applicants will be notified by email.
- Application materials will not be returned. All information provided is considered confidential and will be the property of the Bloomington-Normal Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated.
COVID 19 Consideration
We recognize that the challenges of COVID 19 may have limited your activities for the 2021-2022 academic year. The scholarship committee will take into consideration limits to your academic requirements, community service, extracurricular activities, and/or employment. Thank you and best of luck!
Kristal Shelvin, Chair
Scholarship and Educational Development Committee
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Bloomington-Normal Alumnae Chapter
Contact us with questions regarding the application process.
We appreciate you taking the time to apply for our scholarship!