2021 Bloomington-Normal Alumnae Chapter SCHOLARSHIP Application
For Graduating High School Seniors
Completed application MUST be received by midnight on Saturday, May 1, 2021.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURES
The applicant must meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- Must be an African-American high school senior residing in Bloomington or Normal and graduating during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Must attend a Bloomington-Normal public, private, charter, or parochial high school.
- Must plan to enter an accredited two or four-year University or College or an accredited trade school as a full-time freshman in the fall of 2021.
- Must have a grade point average of at least a 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or 3.5 (on 5.0 scale).
- Must demonstrate academic achievement and leadership ability evidenced through participation in extracurricular activities and/or community service.
- Must submit a completed electronic application by midnight on Saturday, May 1, 2021.
- A completed Scholarship Application along with all required documents MUST be included at the time your application is submitted (exception: official transcript may be submitted by mail by the application deadline).
- If any items are omitted or instructions are not followed, the application will be deemed incomplete/invalid and will not be considered. Application data may be saved and reviewed prior to submission. Changes cannot be made once the application is submitted.
- Only electronic applications submitted on or before the May 1, 2021 deadline will be screened and evaluated.
- As part of the selection process, students who submit a completed scholarship application will be required to participate in a brief interview (Zoom platform).
- All applicants will be notified by email.
- Application materials will not be returned. All information provided is considered confidential and will be the property of the Bloomington-Normal Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated.
COVID 19 Consideration
We recognize that challenges of COVID 19 may have limited your activities for the 2020-2021 academic year. The scholarship committee will take into consideration limits to your academic requirements, community service, extracurricular activities, and/or employment. Thank you and best of luck!
Kristal Shelvin, Chair
Scholarship and Educational Development Committee
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Bloomington-Normal Alumnae Chapter
Contact us with questions regarding the application process.
We appreciate you taking the time to apply for our scholarship!